Saturday, February 28, 2015

Patience

“Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson


I'm trying to be patient.  We made it through February; my least favorite month of the year.  Although we generally remain in the deep freeze for another 2-3 weeks, March always seems more hopeful to me. It's the beginning of the gradual climb toward spring.  The sun feels warmer and the days grow longer.  Egg production steps up among the hens and ducks.

On a practical note, it means I'm able to begin sowing seeds indoors - at least those requiring a solid 10 week lead time (cabbage, cauliflower, lemon balm, valerian, hollyhock, etc.) - and to re-pot my dahlia tubers.  I also get outside to do some selective pruning in the orchard; in snow shoes if need be.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need some patience too!

Beautiful pots.