Thursday, September 5, 2013

Mother Nature is on my last nerve

Dare I speak against her? Damn straight I will. I have had it. All summer long we have had nothing but rain and cold temperatures. (so much so that the mildew has mildew growing on it). Both of which lengthened the growing season. Finally we get a ton of healthy looking tomatoes not yet turned and now this terra trollop is gonna throw a wicked early frost our way? REALLY??? I drop trou and bare my buttocks to you harlot of the earth. And our flowers. The glorious flowers will be gone overnight. UGH. I am not ready to let them go. The color, the vibrancy.
YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A BIG MEANY!! We better have an awesome fall to make up for this.

I spent this afternoon watering our tomatoes in an effort to warm the earth around them. Later on we will cover them in sheets to try to protect them from the witch's evil icy hands. There is nothing we can do for the flowers. Just sit by and let them go. Do you have any idea how hard this is for a control freak like me? Deep breaths, deep breaths.
I also walked around taking pics of the flowers. It was sad. Who knew I could be moved by vegetation. I must be getting old. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. Ha, not like you had a choice.




No comments: