Monday, September 23, 2013

What's on your dining room table?

So fall is here. And it came in pretty quickly. Although maybe not given we really had no summer to speak of. Anyhoo, we had another frost threat and decided to pull in all of the tomatoes as they had yet to turn. How friggin long does it take to turn red? I can make my face turn in an instant. But alas, I am not a tomato. Lynn researched how to assist in the ripening off the vine process online. As a result our dining room table is covered with green tomatoes.



Not entirely sure this is working but hey there aren't hurting anyone. Lynn also placed a banana, yes a banana, in each section of tomatoes. Apparently this is to further aid in the ripening process. The jury is out for me but if she paints herself blue and starts running around the table waving incense I will have to put a stop to it. Or at least capture it on video :)

No comments: