Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My kingdom for a fisheye lens

So tonight I was responsible for tucking in the sheep. The day was overcast and cloudy so the sky appeared darker than normal for that time of night. As a result, I took care of the sheep earlier than usual. While walking back towards the house, I noticed that the clouds had parted around the setting sun, creating a marvelous back- light effect. I ran to the house to grab my trusty camera fearing that I would lose the opportunity. I came back out totally out of breath, (hey it's like 500 feet to the house and another back to where I was standing) and the lighting was still there. As I was fiddling with the camera and starting to focus I noticed a full rainbow right over our land. Unreal. The image before me was completely breathtaking, and I was already short on oxygen from my run. I stood there in amazement. My eyes welled up.(possibly from the lack of oxygen) How lucky am I to be here to witness this? A magical moment for sure.
But damn, if I only had a fish eye lens in order to share it with you. I guess some moments should not be captured.


No comments: