Friday, August 1, 2014

Colorful cauliflower


Lynn harvested this the other day. Yes, a purple cauliflower. Cool looking huh? I think so. Last night I roasted it and served it up for dinner. Roasted cauliflower is delicious even for those that don't traditionally like that veggie. Here's what I did:

Preheat oven to 400
Cut up cauliflower into small pieces as you would if you were serving in a vegetable tray.
Put the following in a seal able gallon baggie (or bowl):
3 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
tbsp minced garlic
tsp black pepper

Add cut cauliflower and mix well in order to cover the vegetable with the mixture. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spread the cauliflower evenly on the tray. Cook for 25 minutes on 400. Turn the florets every 10 minutes to get an even roast. Sprinkle shredded parmesan on top and cook an additional 5 minutes. The result, fabulous! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How did she get the coliflower to come out purple? It is pretty cool and I love coliflower. I will ask my mom to make it the way you made it the next time she visits!