Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Winter Pasture

Today is the first day of spring.  The weather outside is still chilly and a light snow persists.  Yesterday, we received 4-5 inches of wet, heavy snow.  But it's mid-March and yesterday's snow storm seemed like the huffing and puffing of Old Man Winter running out of steam.

Nora took a farewell (I hope) photo of the winter pasture.




I have to admit that the snow-covered pasture with its skeletal berry frames has a stark beauty.  I will miss it to some extent, but I'm eager for spring.  I'm anxious to get outside and clean out the perennial beds, get the cold crops in the ground, say hello to all the marvelous new plants that will be arriving in early May, and just savor the warm air and green grass.

Each season has its beauty, but winter is beginning to over-stay its welcome.

No comments: