Monday, May 20, 2013

Chateau Du Mouton complete

So the folks at Adirondack Storage Barns came back the next day to finish up the job. The lean-to I spoke of in the last post was apparently a little more than I thought. Take a look. It is an enclosed run-in. Who knew? Well Lynn did, me, not so much but it was a pleasant surprise.

Oh take note of the wire fence to the right. Jim and I spent Thursday, Friday, and part of Saturday installing it. We first dug the post holes manually, (too rocky to use an auger) set the posts, then ran the fence. Approximately 300 feet of it. Thanks goodness the rest of the pasture already has fencing. That task, although rewarding, is exhausting. I fully understand why my ancestors left the aggro business as soon as they could, lol.
Next on the list is to have about 20 yards of top soil delivered. We will spread it out inside to create the dirt floor as well as smooth out the surrounding area and fill any holes around the pasture. Once that is complete we will lay down some straw for their bedding and it will be finished. I certainly hope those three little girls appreciate it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks great. You did an awesome job with the fence. I hope Lynn rewarded you accordingly.

Unknown said...

Oh sure, it's always all about Nora :)

Unknown said...

As it should be. It is simply the "way of things".

Unknown said...

I have to agree with . . . you guessed it right - NORA aka "The Master of the Universe."