Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ma-Ma-Ma My Kubota

Today Lynn learned not only how to operate my glorious machine, but kinda fell in love. You see, last fall I tilled the new vegetable areas with my darling Kubota L3400. Given the weather and dampness of the soil at the time I was only able to till once. Lynn and Jim were convinced that any additional tilling to those areas had to be done with the motorized hand tiller. Mind you it's a good machine. Does a good job. But would you clean a car using a toothbrush? I didn't think so. So I recently started a campaign in the household promoting the use of the Kubota to till. Jim already went over the beds with the lesser machine. And yet, the beds just weren't deep enough. I knew my girl and she wouldn't hose up the soil. She would leave a beautiful and smooth bed without compacting. And of course, I was right. Lynn not only consented to using her majesty to till but took on the task. She is a natural. And she was quite impressed with how she performed. Look below at the beautiful creature I speak of, oh and yeh, Lynn too. ;)


She is outfitted with AG tires(agricultural), a front loader and 5 ft. bucket, as well as the tiller attachment that is secured via a 3 pt. hitch system. Gotta love it. She tilled this area twice today in 1/5 of the time the other, useful yet not impressive machine, would have done in one round. A great day for all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool! (Lynn is pretty and the machine is cool!)

-M

Unknown said...

Thanks! Finally, someone isn't just checking out the machine :)