Friday, May 31, 2013

The Waiting Game

Okay. So I am at home while Lynn is driving back from Edmeston, NY with the three little girls. She left a msg to let me know she was heading back and I could hear them in the background. Too funny. And what's weird is they kinda sounded like Lynn. LOL. (I'm gonna pay for that one but it is worth it. ) Jim and I finished up the gates so we are completely ready for them. I also met with our electrician this morning to discuss running power out to the new barn. It'll be about 400 feet of wire for the project and there will be a backhoe involved.(which of course is very exciting for me) And since we are digging all the way out there for power, might as well consider water too. And our trusted electrician can do all the digging. In this zone that means 6 1/2 ft. down to get below the frost line. So Lynn and I will have to discuss our options. She is convinced that she will either walk or Ranger out to the barn in the snow in like 10 degrees with buckets of water. And although I know Lynn is really bright and capable, she tends to be a little slow with these things. So I am going to get a quote on the plumbing as well.

I did some planting earlier today. Got the edamame (soy beans) in as well as the summer squash. Now it's about 83 degrees out there and that is when I turn into a sloth so no more planting for me. I have to just wait for the arrival of the babies. It is hard. I am NOT a patient gal by any stretch of any one's imagination. And I am excited to meet them. Lynn says they already look like sheep(as opposed to babies) and they are pudges. But damn cute. She should be arriving around 3:00-3:30. I hope to post some pics tonight, definitely tomorrow if I don't get to it. So later for now.

No comments: