Saturday, December 21, 2013

North Country on ice

So, you may have noticed that I have already posted twice today. The reason is that we are expecting a major ice event and I more than likely won't have the opportunity to space them out the way I would have liked.
We are looking at over an inch of ice accumulation over the next 24 hours. With that of course, comes major power outages. Lynn and I have been doing what we can to prepare. Stock up the wood in the house, got groceries, make sure all oil lamps are filled, fill a bunch of receptacles with water for drinking. Fill tub for flushing. The last time this area saw major ice most were without power for a week or more so it will be interesting. I guess we will learn what it was like on Little House of the Prairie or The Waltons. As long as we and our animals are safe, we are all good. Hope your holidays are safe and splendid!!

No comments: