Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Friends of Jacques

That will be my new moniker for creatures that are, shall we say, a little dim-witted. Last week a robin couple decided that the perfect place to build their nest would be on top of our front door. The ledge(which barely qualifies as such) is only two inches deep. Regardless, they kept at it.

On the first day I noticed some tall dried grass on the welcome mat. I thought Lynn was responsible for it in some way, whether carrying one of her thousand new plants, or just some over zealous weeding. The next morning I noticed it was there again. Hmm, not like Lynn to leave a mess. And so I looked up. And there I saw what looked like a mish- mash of dried grass and dirt. Lynn grabbed the step stool and cleared it off. (I am too short to reach)Problem solved. Or not. Later that day I noticed all of the stuff was back. This time the wind took care of the cleaning so it blew away. And they came right back. Again the wind took it all away. Then Lynn, then the wind again. This went on for a week. One would think that our robin friends would have clued in to the fact that this was not a stellar place to lay eggs. Not the case. The nest was completed the other day. :( Bonne chance amis de Jacques!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it's a nice, aesthetically pleasing addition to the facade. Vive les amis de Jacques!

Unknown said...


We have an idiot bird who has decided to lay her eggs in our yar d- which is fine but then she has also decided that we are her enemies so she attacks our CARS! I want her gone.

Unknown said...

LOL, that's just funny. Perhaps she knows how you really feel about animals :)

Unknown said...

Well the idiot went after Jimmy first and he loves animals! Jimmy thought he was just after his car but then she went after Lex - that is totally unacceptable! :)