Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Make way for ducklings!

I am so excited. Lynn surprised me today by telling me she ordered two ducklings to add to our growing brood. In two weeks, two female Cayuga ducklings will arrive. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!
They grow up to be beautiful. And a great choice for this area as they are a Northern New York breed. Click here to learn more about them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cayuga_Duck

So now we read furiously about how to care for them and prepare for their arrival. Man I love Spring!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome...Congrats on the expanding family! They look very cool...

Unknown said...

Congratulations - what are their names?

Unknown said...

The names are still up in the air; we usually wait until we see them to decide for certain. But I we tentatively have Lily and Mathilda (Tilly or Tildy for short) as possible selections.